WEEK 3 DAY 18 IM SO READY FOR SLEEP!!!!!!!

Today is the last day of the week, and also a project day.  Being that its project day I worked on my band color album photo which os starting to come together.  I threw in a bunch of gradients and repositioned a few things and now I’m coloring one of the daggers in the background. The one I’m coloring is proving to be a great challenge for me because it is very intricate.  This proved to get to me often while working on it.Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 8.28.33 AM

I did a few adjustments on the crescents I placed yesterday and I moved them around a little bit until they were where I wanted them.  After getting them placed I worked on their gradients which took a few minuets to get where I wanted it but I got it to a color that I think looks perfect.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 8.34.18 AM

I adjusted the positioning of the crescents again because the angle was bothering me then until I got to the point that having two crescents was bothering me so I deleted the bottom set of crescents and the i was satisfied with the crescents and moved onto the right dagger.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 9.59.26 AM

WOW!!! Did this get annoying….it was just flat out aggravating to work with so much on this.  I have no clue where to start on the agitation.  First thing I colored was the blade which was the easy part then as I moved up the lines got more detailed and harder to select which royally peeved me.  The hardest part that honestly took up all my time was selecting and deselecting the lines I wanted and didn’t want so I could color them black and make the line defined.  The handle coloring was easy…it was a breeze but after coloring the general parts of it there were a bunch of small and hard to select lines which took, not kidding , 30 minuets to select it all.  I ended up getting fed up with it to the point of coloring all the main important parts selecting the rest and just coloring it all black.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 10.14.53 AM

After finishing a few tweakes on the dagger I actually looked at the text and I was unsatisfied with it (boy am I picky) so I changed its font and I added a glow to it which made it pop out of the screen to me quite a bit. With the outer glow added I then was satisfied with the text, it reached my standards and now I’m finished with 3 main parts I was working on: the crescents, right dagger, and the text.

The next project day I’m going to work on the other dagger and then the gauntlet.  The gauntlet I’m going to make almost a solid black then I will make its lines have a silver looking glow on them so that it will make it look more metallic and even more realistic.  The only problem Im currently thinking up is the fact that I’m going to have to make it have some definition to its look and make it look like a real gauntlet.  The next dagger I’m debating on making it the exact same dagger I did today to make my life easier but also I want it to have some diversity to its look so that it doesn’t look like  I’m only half doing it.

Overall I’m really enjoying this project and I’m taking a lot of pride in it and I can’t wait for the finishing product of it and also look froward to the next challenges that it will provide me.

Im so ready for the weekend!!!!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s